Phased Opening of the new Children’s Health Centre – Our Promise to you.
We will deliver a Children’s Health Centre which is far more than a Primary Care Centre for children with the co-location and seamless flow of all children’s health services across primary and secondary care.
We aim to deliver our services in a safe, secure, and phased manner, initially prioritising service availability to the most vulnerable among us; namely, the children and families with disabilities and additional needs, as well as those with chronic and complex medical conditions. All of this with a view to becoming fully available to all children in Gibraltar by the beginning of September.
Phase 1 – 17 July 2019
This phase will be the move from the existing Primary Care Centre to the new site, and the setting up and induction of new services and new staff.
- Child Health Clinics – Postnatal care, Hearing screens, 6-8 week baby checks, 2 ½ year old checks, Vaccinations.
- Paediatric Physiotherapy.
- Paediatric Occupational Therapy.
- Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy.
- Paediatric Dietician.
- Paediatric Diabetes Specialist Nurse Clinics.
- Gibraltar Young Minds (GYM).
Staff Induction Programme
- Induction and transition period for Specialist GPs with an Expressed Interest in Paediatrics.
Phase 2 – 12 August 2019
This phase will be the implementation and consolidation of our essential and existing Children’s services.
- Children’s Dental Clinics.
- Occupational Therapy Sensory Room.
Phase 3 – 4 September 2019
New specialist clinics and services, and the start of our plan to integrate primary and secondary care in to comprehensive and multidisciplinary teams.
- Specialist GP service for Chronic or Complex medical needs, for children with additional needs, and to work closely with the Consultant Paediatric Service.
- Nurse Practitioner Specialty Clinics, such as Asthma clinics.
- Community Midwifery.
- Child Protection/Looked-After-Children Medical assessments/reviews.
- A New Transition/Adolescent Service for those children who are between Paediatric and Adult services.
- Consultant Paediatric service for all children with complex and chronic health needs.
- Visiting Specialist Consultant Clinics.
- Paediatric phlebotomy
- Play Therapy
It is important to note that patients should continue to attend the existing PCC at the International Commercial Centre. For phases 1 and 2, attendances at the Children’s Health Centre at Europort will be by appointment only.