The Nutrition & Dietetics Department serves the public through in-patient, out-patient and home-based services.
The dietitians are registered with the Health Care Professions Council. They form part of multidisciplinary teams providing input to the management of patients with complex illnesses.
The department provides the following services:
• Weekly adult and paediatric outpatient clinics at primary care centre
• Weekly drop-in weighing clinic
•Outpatient paediatric diabetic clinics every 3 months (multidisciplinary)
• Weekly cardiac rehab (clinics and talks) as part of the cardiac rehab team
• Daily inpatient services (adults and paediatrics) to all wards including patients requiring tube feeding and intravenous feeding
• Assessment of renal/dialysis patients
• Assessments of patients in the mental health hospital as and when required
• Input to St Martin’s special school and St Bernadettes
• Palliative care input as part of the multidisciplinary team, including sessions at the Cancer Care Centre
• Home visits following health professional’s referral (including Elderly Care Agency, Dr Giraldi Home)
• Teaching sessions to a range of audiences (e.g. student nurses, multidisciplinary) as and when required
• Public health nutrition – advice and workshops to schools and other organisations.
- Close liason with the catering department